- This executive order (EO) directs federal agencies to review and develop policies to guide the use of artificial intelligence that touches every sector of the economy.
- The EO directs the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to establish an HHS AI Task Force to develop a strategic plan on the responsible deployment of AI and AI-enabled technologies in healthcare settings.…
Tag Archives: Executive Order
Governor Charlie Baker recently took steps to strengthen cybersecurity in Massachusetts by signing an executive order on December 14, 2022 creating an advisory panel to improve the state’s cyber defense. The new state task force will assess existing resources, develop contingency plans, and identify strategies for preventing future cyberattacks. The goal of the task force is to ensure that the Bay State is at the forefront of the ever-evolving cybersecurity landscape.… More
Earlier this week, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) announced the establishment of the Cyber Safety Review Board (CSRB), as directed in President Biden’s Executive Order 14028 on Improving the Nation’s Cybersecurity. The CSRB is a public-private initiative that will bring together government and industry leaders to elevate U.S. cybersecurity.
The CSRB will review and assess significant cybersecurity events, so that government,… More
President Biden Signs Executive Order to Improve Cybersecurity and Protect Federal Government Networks
On May 12, 2021, President Biden signed an Executive Order which is aimed at improving the nation’s cybersecurity and protecting federal government networks. The Executive Order has been in the works for some time, but the timing of its release is a response to the Colonial Pipeline ransomware attack.
According to the Fact Sheet issued by the White House, this Executive Order will:
- Remove barriers to threat information sharing between government and the private sector
- Modernize and implement stronger cybersecurity standards in the Federal Government
- Improve software supply chain security
- Establish a Cybersecurity Safety Review Board
- Create a standard playbook for responding to cyber incidents
- Improve detection of cybersecurity incidents on Federal Government networks
- Improve investigative and remediation capabilities
The overall impact of the Executive Order is limited,… More
The first ever Summit on Cybersecurity and Consumer Protection was convened today at Stanford University, keynoted by President Obama. The purpose of the summit: to “bring together major stakeholders on consumer financial protection issues to discuss how all members of our financial system can work together to further protect American consumers and their financial data.” These stakeholders, a number of public and private sector leaders,… More