As all aspects of business inexorably shift toward online, it is not surprising that intellectual property infringement, cybersquatting, and related internet abuses abound. Luckily, there are various procedures available by which aggrieved companies can seek relief short of litigation.
Foley Hoag will present a 60-minute webinar on Thursday, March 16 at 12:30 pm EDT offering guidance for in-house counsel regarding internet takedowns and domain name disputes, including identifying which procedures are available in which situations, along with the nuts and bolts of domain name disputes and complaint procedures on popular platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Yelp.
Click here to register.
Topics to Be Discussed
- Issue-spotting infringement and cyber-abuse
- Social media complaint procedures and best practices
- DMCA takedown strategies and risks
- Search engine keywords and sponsored advertisements
- The unique challenge of online defamation
- Differences between domain name dispute resolution procedures
- When not to file takedowns or domain name complaints