The Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (“ONC”) has issued a Guide to Privacy and Security of Health Information Guide to Privacy and Security of Health Information. The guide is targeted at smaller health care providers and their administrative staff members. The 47 pages contain five chapters:
- Chapter 1: What Is Privacy & Security and Why Does It Matter?
- Chapter 2: Privacy & Security and Meaningful Use
- Chapter 3: Privacy & Security 10-Step Plan for Meaningful Use
- Chapter 4: Integrating Privacy and Security into Your Practice
- Chapter 5: Privacy and Security Resources
At first glance, there’s nothing earth-shattering, but it could prove to be a useful introduction for those moving toward meaningful use in the coming months.