- Could a Major Security Breach Be on the Horizon?
- The Smartphone Dilemma
- What Elements Are Currently Covered in Your Organization’s Security Awareness Program?
- Security Budgets Fare Well
- Implementing Risk Management Disciplines
- Do You Really Know Who Your Friends Are?…
Tag Archives: information security
Incident of the Week: UAE Carrier Updates Blackberry Software With Spyware, Captures Outgoing User Emails
On Tuesday, Research In Motion, Ltd. (RIM), the maker of Blackberry, posted a note on its website confirming that a software update offered to customers of its carrier Etisalat in the United Arab Emirates contained spyware. According to the note, certain customers received an SMS message from Etisalat informing them of a software update (named "Registration") designed to improve performance. However, RIM acknowledged, "[i]ndependent sources have concluded that Etisalat’s Registration software application is not actually designed to improve performance of a Blackberry Handheld,… More